Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where are the hunters?

What's the POINT? That's the question I asked myself about the combination of camouflage and hunter orange. I get the importance of camouflage, stealth. And I get the point of day-glow-orange clothing, it's cool man. But put em' together and you got ???an invisible yet highly fashionable hunter that probably wont get shot??? or is it someone that hopes deer are so enamored by his almost non-existent pants that he can't see his 400sq inches of here-I-am orange.
So the other day I was in Wal-mart. (I know, go figure) when I saw a hunter and his son all decked out in here-I- am and where'd-you-go. So I asked the dad what the point was of dressing up in camo only to put on all that orange. He spit his chew on the ground, stuffed his open beer into his back pocket and explained that the camo is for the deer cain't see you and the orange is for the udder folks can. There you go. Mystery solved.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

People like this make my blog go round.

Shot by blaine said...

Kristina P. you are so fast. I wasn't even done editing yet.

TJ said...

"decked out in here-i-am and where'd-you-go" Ha!

I knew I married you for a reason.

Marc said...

blaine, you are way too clever and perhaps you have way too much time on your hands.

Matsby said...

Wal-Mart philosophy.

Feels like a contradiction in terms, but probably makes sense to more people than you could imagine.

Christine Peterson said...

what? seriously....does NOT make sense, maybe they started this after the Cheney/Whittington fiasco. who knows?