Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A prince among peasant's

I've been criticized for my continual attendance at the local Wal-Mart. I have never really understood the magnetism I feel toward the unholy Mecca of discount goods either.
The other night I told TJ that I was headed off to the land of roll back pricing. She asked if I was going "LIKE THAT"?
Then it clicked. It didn't matter how I looked, what I was wearing, or the way I smelled. I would be a prince among peasant's. I realized then and there that I was using Wali-World (and her unsavory patrons) to help my self feel better about myself.

It works. Try it out. Next time you just feel like crap about yourself Go to the nearest Wal-Mart and enjoy the uplifting atmosphere of the less fortunate and ugly. The fat and unkempt.
















You'll never be as ugly as they are. You'll never smell as bad as that lady in spandex.


















God made Wal-Mart as an immediate answer to the "please help me with my self esteem" prayer.







3 comments:

TJ said...

You left something out of your story....
You were going to Walmart to buy a harliquin romance, in hopes I would read it and want more lovin'.
No matter how fat wheel chair lady is, it's still funny to think of you lookin' at those books.

Christine Peterson said...

ha ha that's hilarious, bruce hates walmart, i love it! it's true, you can go in your pj's and you will not look any different, oh and btw at least the lady in the cart/wheelchair has a coach purse! ha ha must be fake!

Michelle said...

preface: i found your blog thru your wife's. who found me thru one of her blogstalking friends. alas, here i am.

i don't think that i could agree with you more on the self esteem issue. i don't have a problem with self esteem ... yet at the same time, i feel so good about myself when i enter one of the said wal-marts. {especially when i was pregnant and feelin ever so large and in charge and looked to my right to see what looked like a crazy crack addict, pregnant as ever, twice my size, in ripped sweats and a holy t-shirt.} i love you satan's playhouse. [aka wal-mart].