Monday, August 18, 2008

Going for the Gold

I love the Olympics. Not like the average person, but like a lonely house wife loves a good Harlequin novel. (or those stupid vampire books.) I find myself watching woman's rowing at 2am. I don't like woman's rowing or 2am. But they get you all hooked in by telling you about the athletes..."yes Bob, and did you know that when she was young she had a strange mix of polio & palsy?"
"Well we may see in a minute, Jim how she's over come all that to become the best the world has to offer in boat full of who-gives-an-ore."

That's enough to suck me in.
What I hate is when they sat the stupid stuff:

*He's going for the gold Bob
Really, really Jim? Are you sure he's not here for 5th or 6th maybe a good summer trip.

*She's going to give it her all!!!!
No Bob, from what I hear she's saving a little for the after metals banquet.

You know what I mean? Please comment back with some of your fav. stupid commentator comments.


6 comments:

TJ said...

I agree the commentary is lame sometimes.
what's with you and palsy today?

Ryan.Robyn said...

I'm pretty sure I am disreguarding your blog for now on..the vampire book are NOT stupid! geez- I bet you would like them..have you tried? You would probably even get a little man crush on edward

Ryan.Robyn said...

ok- here's one. last night I was watching the finals for the beam. the announcer said, "oh- there's shawn johnson warming up on the imaginary beam white line." seriously?

TJ said...

babe, I'm so sorry, I just totally stole your blog and didn't realize it until Robyn said something to me. Sorry.
I know, I know, nothing says sorry like sex.

Christine Peterson said...

this is a great comment section ha ha almost better than your blog Blaine ha ha, i don't watch sports so I can't tell you what the commentators say...I know lame. well the only one i know is "he shoots he scores!" ok bye.

Just some Z's in a pod..... said...

What about, "He just didn't have what it takes" Really?? Because I think he DID have what it took, he just thought..."I have won before, I am going to let the other countries have a shot. I don't need $30million dollar sponsors..the satisfaction of letting someone else win is good enough for me".