Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Faulty Speedo


So there I was just driving to school when I noticed that the speedometer in my jeep starts at 5MPH. WHAT?!!! Without even giving any thought to 0-4MPH and how badly their feelings must be heart having been left out. There are some obvious questions. 
Why? Is there some crazy car designer out there that is perfectly willing to make and instrument panel but refuses to work with 0, 1, 2, 3  or 4? Is it the result of some philosophical engineer (which by the way don't really exist) that thought anything under 5MPH cant change the world, so don't even worry about em'
What am I suppose to do? Between 0-5 should I lick my finger, stick it out the window and give it my best guess. "feels like about 3 or 4...no, wait there's a slight breeze I might only be going 2. Holy crap There's no good way to know!!!!! When I'm doin' 20 an I really doin' 15. Should I be trying to make those types of calculations while I'm driving.

2 comments:

TJ said...

You should never stick your fingers out the window, a semi might come by and cut them off.

Kristina P. said...

September 17th???? You really need to start taking cues from your wife.

Thanks for coming today, and sitting it out with all the ladies!