Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm Back


O.K. o.k. My fans have spoken, and I must write. I feel like Stephenie Meyer at 3 1/2 books. When I see Random House on the caller I.D. ...I just don't even answer. But then it came, the inspiration that is. I was watching the X Games (the Olympics of extreme sports). Some crazy man on a little boys bike came flying down a 7 story wooden ramp then up a shorter steeper ramp. Which as you can imagine sent him in to the air. 70 feet though the air. During which he took the opportunity to do a back flip. On his bike. In the air. I was amazed. The announcers conveyed disappointment as did the crowd. This semi-suicidal trick is apparently dated. DATED!...IT'S A 70 FOOT BACK FLIP...ON A BIKE! I didn't understand.
Last night I took my kids to a city park where they showed "The Three Amigos" and it suddenly clicked...sometimes the things we thought were great in the past aren't all that great. Sorry Dusty Bottoms.

3 comments:

TJ said...

I'll date you, wink wink.

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

I disagree. I've seen the Three Amigo's recently on TV and I don't think it ever gets old.

Christine Peterson said...

it's about time you post! good job, keep em' coming...